Sunday, June 18, 2017

Running a mile

Whenever Rose and I go for a run, we never run more than a mile or two.  Whenever Rose and I go for a run, she blows me away by about 150-200 yards.

I went for a run with my sister.  Over the course of a single mile, she put about 250 yards in between us.

I once asked Walden how many players on Machine could run a mile at 6:30 or quicker.  His answer was all of them.

I have never run a mile faster than 7:30, but that was high school.  This week I put myself on a treadmill with an 8:00 min pace.  It was not an easy run.

Beware the signal and the noise!

I seriously doubt Machine is running miles as part of their training.  I also doubt that any well-designed training scheme will not include running miles as fast as you can.  However, pounding out a fast mile is a result of their training.

If a point last more than three possessions my utility falls off of a cliff, any “elite” player is more than capable of playing strong for a long point.


I do not plan on running miles more often, but until I can regularly run a 6:30 mile I will know that I am not training as hard as those above me.

No comments:

Post a Comment