Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Sisyphus

I envy Sisyphus.  Sisyphus knows his limit.  Sisyphus knows how far he can go.  Every morning he wakes up and goes all the way to his limit.  Every day.

I have a personal theory towards test taking.  If want to study until I get to a point where I feel like, even if I had more time I wouldn't study anymore.  My goal before every test I have taken is to get to this level.  In the academic world, I am able to get there every time.

I think I know my physical limit.  I got there my junior year of college.  I could have worked harder sure, it is always possible to work harder.  However, given a time machine, I wouldn't have worked harder.  Some readers may argue that the only way I feel this way is because I had a satisfying end to my junior year.  I would argue that getting last at Nationals when the dream was to play on Sunday isn't all that satisfying.

I have not gone to my limit since that season.  It has been easy to make excuses.  To rationalize missing opportunities to put in work.  To eat garbage.  To not lift heavy.

Today I did three work sets.  I wanted to do five work sets.  I only did three, but I did some extra plyos to "make up" for the two sets I skipped.  I convinced myself not to go to my limit.

I envy Sisyphus.

No comments:

Post a Comment