Tuesday, November 29, 2016

11.28.2016

Workout:

Yoga warm-up
Free Weights

  • 5x5 at 60#, 70#, 80#, 90#, 100#
    • Squats
    • Reverse Lunges
  • 5x3 at 60#, 70#, 80#, 90#, 100#
    • SLDL
    • Thrusters
  • 3x3 at 50#, 50#, 50#
    • RFE
The goal was to do 5x5 of each exercise at 60#, 70#, 80#, 90#, 100#.  Alas, this was harder than it looked and I had to tone it down in order to finish.  Additionally, this took much longer than I wanted.  Over the next couple of weeks, I am going to try to work into 5x5 and then 5x8.

Reading:

The Economist: "The Leaders", "Buttonwood", and "Schumpeter".  I have been fretting that my president Trump is appointing a climate change denier to the head of the EPA, good news is the economics of climate change is on our side.  Oil prices are too low to warrant new drilling sites, the cost of kWh for solar is falling, there are more future jobs in solar than there are in oil, batteries are improving and getting cheaper, India has to take a stand against climate change or risk losing massive pieces of land, and China is going to continue working toward renewables with or without the US.

Notes:

Ray is way ahead of me in the race to programming "god status".  I need to put up more of a fight here.

I am comfortable listening to audiobooks at 2x speed, time to start working toward 3x speed.

"Throwing rocks at the google bus" is an okay audiobook - your time is better spent reading "Capital in the 21st century"

"Algorithms to live by" is a strong recommend.

New audiobook strat.  Listen to three, then relisten to my favorite of the three.  After time elapses I can then relisten to any of the other two, how much time is the question.  

No comments:

Post a Comment