Wednesday, September 21, 2016

9.20.2016

Workout:

  1. Warm Up
    1. Short Jog
    2. Resistance Band Work
    3. Short Yoga
  2. Shuffling pattern
    1. Did the below pattern 8 times
    2. Shuffle from 1-2-3-4-1
    3. Distance from 1-2 about 10 yards
    4. Distance from 1-3 about 10 yards
  3. 90 minutes of basketball
  1. 108-yard shuttles
    1. Basketball court was about 18 strides wide
    2. Run "down and back" 3 times
      1. Refer to this as 1 shuttle
      2. 1 Shuttle took about 23 seconds
    3. Run 1 shuttle every 90 seconds = continue until 6 shuttles are finished
Reading:

The Two Towers: Chapter 11 and 1

We say goodbye to the journey of Gandalf and hello to that of the Ring Bearer.  The entirety of Book 4 is focused on Frodo, Sam, and Gollum.  My memories of reading this Book is that it is a long hard slog through some pretty boring moments, the faster I plow through this the quicker we get to the action of the White Rider as he continues his exercise of futility in the face of overwhelming evil.

Notes:

The greatest barrier to growth is ego.  I have been playing with stepping perpendicular to my target when throwing.  Please note: not stepping perpendicular to my teammate, but perpendicular to the space I am throwing too.  I am currently loving it!  The disc gets where I want it to go with the shape I want it.  The problem is Carol taught me to do this more than a year ago and I ignored her because the patriarchy is real.  Wasted time is a bitter pill to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment