Tuesday, September 13, 2016

9.13.2016

Workout:


1. 150 yd shuttles x2
2. 75 Minutes of Basketball 


Reading:

Chapter 5 of the Two Towers: The White Rider

Gandalf reunites with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli in the Fangorn Forest.  Something I picked up on that I missed last time, Gandalf says "I am what Saruman was meant to be".

Notes:

It is shocking how tempting it is to lie on this.  Yngve is the only person I am writing this for.  The weight of expectation from one accountabilibuddy was bone crushing alas I choose, to tell the truth, why? Because understating the difficulty of growth can be crippling.

What was I tempted to lie about? I wanted to do 150 yd shuttles x6.  Why didn't I?  I left my home early to go to the court, on my way I was going to swing by the Vitamin Shoppe to grab some pre-workout.  When I got to the Vitamin Shoppe I realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home, so I ran back home to get my wallet, turned around to go to the court, got to basketball late, squeezed in two 150s then threw in the towel and skipped the other four.

I will note that I was shocked at how taxed I felt after just two 150s.  My glutes tightened up 20% of the way through balling and my right ankle, notorious for terrible mobility, wore down and started hurting about 75% of the way through playing ball.

Why am I using pre-workout?  I never used pre-workout before.  I always thought to myself that I didn't want to develop a dependency on it.  Unfortunately, after a day of working/studying/whatever it can be tough to get motivated so if I can spend $1 on some liquid motivation I reckon it's a dollar well spent.

1 comment: